Philadelphia Phillies Odds
Philadelphia Phillies Odds
The Phillies, in the ultra-competitive NL East with the Braves, Mets, and Nationals, found a way deep into the postseason for the first time in over a decade. After falling just short of another World Series title, Philadelphia hopes for another playoff appearance in 2023.
Below you’ll find all you need to bet on the Phillies in Pennsylvania including the best available odds across all Pennsylvania online sportsbooks for today’s game, the best Phillies World Series odds, and more key stats and information.
Best PA sportsbooks to bet on the Phillies
Today’s Phillies Odds: Moneyline, World Series, Props
The best part about betting on MLB baseball is that there is action almost every night. Below find the best available odds on today’s Phillies game at Pennsylvania online sportsbooks plus Phillies World Series odds and player props. Click on any odds to go straight to the sportsbook, claim your bonus and get your Phillies bets down.
Today’s Phillies Odds
Phillies World Series Odds
Trea Turner MVP, Prop Odds
Next Up: New York Mets
- Game Day: Thursday, June 1, 2023
- Game Time: 1:10 PM
- Location: Queens, New York
- Stadium: Citi Field
Recent Meetings With The Mets
|Date||Home Team||Moneyline Odds||Total Runs||Result|
|Last 2 Totals||Overall Record: –||O/U Record: –|
Phillies Insights Vs. Mets
- The Phillies average 1.0 home run per game to rank 22nd in MLB action with 56 total home runs.
- Philadelphia ranks 13th in MLB, slugging .411.
- The Phillies’ .254 batting average ranks 12th in the majors.
- The Phillies have a 10-5 record this season in games when they smash two or more homers.
- The pitching staff for the Phillies has a collective 9.4 K/9, the fourth-best in the majors.
Phillies’ Last 10 Games
|Overall Record||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record||Total Runs O/U/P||AVG Runs Scored||AVG Runs Allowed|
|4 – 6||1-3||2-2||3-5-2||3.2||4.6|
Betting Lines And Odds For Phillies Vs. Mets
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Run Line||Total Runs|
Phillies Betting Insights
- The Phillies have put together a 15-15 record in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 50% of those games).
- This season, Philadelphia has been the underdog 15 times and won six, or 40%, of those games.
- The Phillies have combined with opponents to go over the total 20 times this season for a 20-24-4 record against the over/under.
- Philadelphia has put together a 19-29-0 record ATS this season (covering just 39.6% of the time).
|Home||Away||Day||Night||vs. Starting RHP||vs. Starting LHP|
Phillies Players To Watch
- Nicholas Castellanos leads the Phillies with a .290 batting average.
- Among batters in MLB, Castellanos ranks 139th in homers and 63rd in RBI.
- Bryson Stott is hitting .290 to pace his team.
- Stott ranks 139th in home runs among batters in baseball and 134th in RBI.
- Kyle Schwarber leads the Phillies with 13 home runs.
- Brandon Marsh has nine doubles, four triples, five home runs and 24 walks while hitting .274.
Injuries For Philadelphia Vs. New York
Phillies: Alec Bohm: Active (hamstring), Cristian Pache: 10-Day Injured List (knee), Noah Song: 60-Day Injured List (back), José Alvarado: 15-Day Injured List (elbow), Rafael Marchan: 60-Day Injured List (hand), Darick Hall: 60-Day Injured List (thumb), Rhys Hoskins: 60-Day Injured List (knee)
New York Mets: Sam Coonrod: 60-Day Injured List (back), José Quintana: 60-Day Injured List (ribs), Tim Locastro: 60-Day Injured List (thumb), Edwin Uceta: 15-Day Injured List (ankle), Omar Narváez: 60-Day Injured List (calf), Elieser Hernandez: 60-Day Injured List (shoulder), Bryce Montes de Oca: 60-Day Injured List (elbow), Stephen Ridings: 60-Day Injured List (shoulder), Edwin Díaz: 60-Day Injured List (knee)
|Alec Bohm||Active||Hamstring||.265 / .321 / .403, 6 HR, 37 RBI|
|José Alvarado||15-Day Injured List||Elbow||0-0, 1.88 ERA, 15.1 K/9|
|Cristian Pache||10-Day Injured List||Knee||.360 / .360 / .600, 1 HR, 4 RBI|
|Darick Hall||60-Day Injured List||Thumb||.222 / .263 / .278, 0 HR, 1 RBI|
|Rhys Hoskins||60-Day Injured List||Knee||–|
|Rafael Marchan||60-Day Injured List||Hand||–|
|Noah Song||60-Day Injured List||Back||–|
Best Phillies Betting App
In a state with a lot of betting options, BetMGM stands out as one of the best. It’s a big player in the industry which should lead to consistent growth. It has a great signup bonus with only a 1x rollover requirement. It has a solid, easy-to-navigate app to place your bets while on the move.
BetMGM Sportsbook Pennsylvania also has a wide variety of markets to keep your interest no matter what sport you bet on. Most importantly, it has an easy and quick deposit and withdrawal process with a lot of options to fund your account and cash out.
How To Bet on Phillies Games Online in Pennsylvania
Betting on Phillies games and other sports has never been easier in Pennsylvania. Simply follow these steps to get in on the action.
- Make sure you are in the state and your phone location recognizes that fact. Then, download the app from your app store of choice.
- Once you’ve downloaded the app, register for a new account. Provide your name, email address, date of birth, and any other necessary information. If necessary, verify your identity.
- Once you’ve registered a new account and you’re logged in, check out this page to find any sign-up bonuses or promotions you find appealing. Follow the links to claim them for your account.
- After that, fund your account if necessary. Use any of the available payment options to get money into the account of your sportsbook of choice.
- Once you’re funded, you can scroll through the odds and place your bets. Make sure to confirm your bet once you’ve placed it.
Bet on Phillies Futures and Player Props
You can bet on the Phillies through the futures market both before and during the season. At the start of the off-season, odds are posted and then adjusted for trades and free agent signings. During the season, the Phillies betting odds are adjusted based on the current form of the team and their opponents, as well as things like injuries and other transactions. You can also bet on specific players through the futures market as well.
Some examples of futures betting include betting on the Phillies to win the World Series, the National League Pennant, or the NL East. Other futures bets include:
- Betting the over/under on their season win total.
- Bet on players to win MLB awards
- Bet on players to hit certain season-long milestones
- Bet on players to hit specific game moments/totals
The main advantage to betting through the futures market is the increased odds. In most cases, the further you are from the outcome, the better odds you’ll receive. If you bet Philadelphia to win the World Series in spring training, you might get 25-1 odds. However, if they make the playoffs, those odds might reduce down to 10-1.
Why Bet the Phillies Over Other MLB Teams?
Betting is all about finding the right spots and the right odds to make your bet a good value. The Philadelphia Phillies offer that option to bettors.
Philadelphia has two strong pitchers that might be undervalued. Aaron Nola is a Cy Young candidate, but he’s not priced nearly as high as some other elite pitchers. Zack Wheeler is a borderline ace, but he doesn’t get nearly that amount of respect.
Additionally, the Phillies are a good team but they’re not quite an elite team. Therefore, there are opportunities to find good value when they’re in favorable matchups. They’re also talented enough to upset the elite teams.
Betting on MLB Games at Citizens Bank Park
Since 2013, Citizens Bank Park has found itself in the top 10 ballparks when it comes to home runs. In 2013 and 2017, the ballpark had the most home runs per game in the Major Leagues. In a league that relies on the home run to power its run scoring, it’s no surprise to see that for the most part, Citizens Bank Park has produced an above average amount of runs.
Phillies Betting Lines Explained
When betting on baseball on a day-to-day basis, there are three main markets to consider. Below, you’ll find an example of the lines for a typical Phillies game, in this case taken from PointsBet Sportsbook in Pennsylvania:
|Philadelphia Phillies||-1.5 (+130)||-160||Over 8.5 (-110)|
|Miami Marlins||+1.5 (-150)||+140||Under 8.5 (-110)|
- Run Line: The run line is the equivalent of spread betting in other sports. You are betting whether you think the favorite will win and cover the spread, or whether you think the underdog can either win the game outright or keep it closer than the experts think. In baseball, the run line is usually 1.5 runs due to the low scoring nature of the sport as well as the amount of variance game to game. For this reason, the favorite is usually an underdog to cover the run-line.
- Money Line: When betting on the moneyline, you’re simply picking a team to win the game. The margin of victory does not matter nor does it matter in what fashion the team wins the game. The odds on the moneyline are adjusted based on the probability of each team winning. In the above example, at -160, it’s implied Philadelphia wins this game nearly 61.5% of the time.
- Total: Similar to total betting in other sports, you are betting on whether you think the two teams will combine to score more or less runs than the listed number. Factors such as ballpark, starting pitchers, bullpen strength and team lineups are important to consider when betting the total.
Phillies Vegas Odds vs. Online Odds in Pennsylvania
While Pennsylvania may have legalized sports betting relatively recently, betting on sports is not a new concept. For most of recent history in this country, Las Vegas was the center of sports betting. Now that the legalization of sports betting is happening across the country, many states are using Vegas as a blueprint for how to run their operation.
Both Pennsylvania and Vegas use computer models and analytics to set lines that they think should attract two-way action. They have access to the same information when it comes to injuries, rumors, and team performance. For that reason, the sports betting lines and odds are very similar when you compare the two.
One main difference is when betting on the local teams. It’s no surprise that local fans want to bet on local teams, so when you’re betting on teams like the Phillies, Eagles, or Flyers, you might be paying a premium in Pennsylvania compared to Vegas. This is because the sportsbook is attempting to limit their liability to a certain side.
Phillies Live Betting
If you miss the first pitch of a Phillies game, it doesn’t mean it’s too late to get in on the action. You can bet after the game has started through live betting. With live betting, the odds are adjusted for anything that has already happened in the game up to that point.
Perhaps the Phillies go down 1-0 in the top of the first, but you still believe they can come back and win the game. You can likely get Philadelphia at better odds than they were prior to the game if you live bet them at that point. If the game starts off high-scoring but you expect the bullpens to have a strong night, you can bet the Under at its inflated live total.
Live betting is easiest with a sportsbook app. You can live bet from anywhere, whether it’s the office, the store or your couch.
Phillies Sports Betting Partnerships
The Phillies do not have an official partnership with any sportsbook and neither does Citizens Bank Park. However, MLB has an official gaming partnership with BetMGM. Other local teams like the Eagles, Flyers, and 76ers have partnerships with sportsbooks. Expect the Phillies to follow suit shortly.
Phillies Top Prospects
Here are the top 10 prospects in the Phillies’ organization:
|1||Andrew Painter||Right Handed Pitcher||19|
|2||Mick Abel||Right Handed Pitcher||21|
|3||Griff McGarry||Right Handed Pitcher||23|
|5||Hao-Yu Lee||Second Baseman||20|
|7||Gabriel Rincones Jr.||Outfielder||22|
|8||Alex McFarlane||Right Handed Pitcher||21|
|9||Carlos De La Cruz||Outfielder||23|
Phillies Bench Staff
The manager of the Philadelphia Phillies is Rob Thomson, who took over in June 2022 after previous manager Joe Girardi was fired. Mike Calitri is the bench coach, Caleb Cotham is the pitching coach, and Kevin Long is the hitting coach.
Recent Phillies Managers
Prior to Rob Thomson, these are the five most recent Phillies managers:
|Joe Girardi||2020-2022||132-141 (.484)|
|Gabe Kapler||2018-2019||161-163 (.497)|
|Pete Mackanin||2015-2017||174-238 (.422)|
|Ryne Sandberg||2013-2015||119-159 (.428)|
|Charlie Manuel||2005-2013||780-636 (.551)|
Philadelphia Phillies home games
- Name: Citizens Bank Park
- Address: 1 Citizens Bank Way
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Owner: City of Philadelphia
- Operator: Global Spectrum
- Capacity: 42,792
- Ground Breaking: June 2001
- Opening Date: April 2004
- Construction Cost: $458 Million
- Other Events Hosted: Concerts, NHL Outdoor Hockey
Best Phillies Sports Bar in Pennsylvania
If you can’t get to the game, the best place to watch Phillies games in Pennsylvania is XFINITY Live! Located at 1100 Pattison Ave in Philadelphia.
It’s an 80,000 square foot destination with a 32-foot-long television inside and a 24-foot-wide television outside. It’s got plenty of eating and dining options. It’s almost as big of an attraction as the stadium itself!
The current Phillies broadcasters on the television side are Tom McCarthy and John Kruk. McCarthy has handled the play-by-play role since 2009, with Kruk joining in 2017. Ricky Bottalico, Ben Davis, Ruben Amaro Jr., and Mike Schmidt are also involved in the broadcast occasionally.
On the radio side, Scott Franzke has been the play-by-play announcer since 2006. Larry Andersen has handled the analysis since 1998. In recent years, Rob Brooks and Kevin Frandsen have joined the booth.
How Can I Watch or Stream Phillies Games in Pennsylvania?
Most Philadelphia Phillies games are broadcast on NBC Sports Philadelphia. The flagship radio station is WIP 94.1 FM.
If you need to stream the game, you can do so through the NBC Sports App.
The Phillies have many famous fans, including Bradley Cooper, Rob McElhenney, Will Smith, Miles Teller, and Jim Cramer.
You can get Phillies tickets from the team website or through secondary resale markets. In 2022, the average Phillies ticket was $36.
The Phillies mascot is Phillie Phanatic. He is a large, furry bird. He is one of the more popular and funny mascots in sports.
You can follow the Phillies on Twitter at @Phillies.
The highest rated Phillies player on MLB The Show 23 is Phillies slugger Bryce Harper at 95. Shortstop Trea Turner is rated at 92, while catcher J.T. Realmuto is rated at 90. The highest rated Phillies pitcher is Aaron Nola at 91.
You can buy Phillies jerseys online at MLBShop.com. You can also buy jerseys at the team store in the stadium.